02 Jan 5 Delicious Ways to Use Lemon-Infused Olive Oil in the Kitchen
Extra virgin olive oil infused with lemon is a bright and flavorful addition to any kitchen. Not only does it add a zesty kick to salads, pastas, and grilled vegetables, it’s also packed with health benefits.
Extra virgin olive oil, or EVOO, is made from the first cold pressing of olives and is the highest quality olive oil you can buy. It’s rich in monounsaturated fats, which have been shown to lower bad cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. EVOO is also a great source of antioxidants, which can help protect against cell damage and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer and diabetes.
Lemon, on the other hand, is a citrus fruit known for its bright, refreshing flavor and high vitamin C content. It’s also a good source of antioxidants and has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties.
Together, extra virgin olive oil and lemon make a dynamic duo that’s perfect for adding flavor and nutrition to your meals. Here are a few ideas for using lemon-infused olive oil in the kitchen:
- Salad dressing: Whisk together some lemon-infused olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, and salt for a simple and delicious salad dressing.
- Pasta: Toss cooked pasta with lemon-infused olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese, and chopped fresh herbs for a quick and easy meal.
- Grilled vegetables: Brush sliced vegetables with lemon-infused olive oil and grill until tender for a flavorful side dish.
- Roasted chicken: Rub a whole chicken with lemon-infused olive oil and roast in the oven for a juicy and flavorful main course.
- Bread dipping: Mix together equal parts lemon-infused olive oil and balsamic vinegar and serve with a basket of warm bread for dipping.
Making your own lemon-infused olive oil at home is easy and only requires a few ingredients. Start with a high-quality extra virgin olive oil and add fresh lemon zest to the oil. Let the mixture sit for a few days to allow the flavors to meld together, then strain out the lemon zest and store the oil in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
You can also purchase lemon-infused olive oil at specialty stores or online. Just be sure to check the label to make sure it’s made with real lemon and high-quality olive oil.
In conclusion, lemon-infused olive oil is a delicious and healthy way to add flavor to your cooking. Whether you make it yourself or purchase it pre-made, it’s a versatile ingredient that’s sure to become a kitchen staple.